A survey by the Jenkins Group, an independent publishing services firm, has shown that millions of Americans never read another book after leaving school.
- 33 percent of high school graduates never read another book for the rest of their lives.
- 42 percent of college graduates never read another book after college.
- 80 percent of U.S. families did not buy or read a book last year.
- 70 percent of U.S. adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.
- 57 percent of new books are not read to completion